In pursuance of the decision of the Managing Committee, a three-member ad-hoc Committee has been set up to review the Constitution and Memorandum of Association of the Press Club of India and suggest amendments.
Senior member Mr Devsagar Singh will head this Committee with Ms Saroj Nagi and Mr K V Prasad as its members. The President and the Secretary General will be its ex-officio members. The Managing Committee drew terms of reference and is requesting the ad-hoc Committee to come up with its recommendations by January 31, 2017
Terms of reference:
- Amendments to the Constitution
- Limiting the number of times for ordinary members to contest election to the Managing Committee in consecutive years;
- Include a schedule to the Constitution listing out the posts that fall in the ambit of the suggested amendment, recommending not contesting beyond two consecutive terms
- Suggest ways to bring greater clarity in categorisation of membership, especially Associate 1 and Associate 2.
- Recommend revision of admission and annual membership fee across all categories, last revised few years ago.
- To streamline admission of new members across all categories and build a transparent and institutional mechanism to prevent arbitrary and ad-hoc admissions.
- Any other matter that the Committee deems fit for consideration while carrying out the review and make recommendations, thereof.In order to assist the ad-hoc Committee in arriving at its recommendations, the Managing Committee also decided to invite suggestions from members latest by January 15, 2017 through email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in writing to the Office Secretary Mr Jitendra Singh.